CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Review: Violet on the Runway


Violet on the Runway

Melissa Walker

If you had asked Violet Greenfield to describe herself in one word, she’d tell you that she was plain with a capital P. It was her friends that were interesting: Julie, with her overachieving ways, and Roger, with his immersion of pop culture and a need to prove himself. And all Violet really wanted was to be a BK. A Bee’s Knees. One of those girls. The popular ones.

Then Violet meets Angela Blythe, who represents Tryst Models, at her dorky job at the movie theater. Not only does Angela think that Violet is gorgeous, but she wants her to go to New York City. To be a model. And you know what? She might just do it.

Melissa Walker’s Violet on the Runway is a definite “yes” when it comes to book recommendations. It was amazing to see how much Violet’s character changed when she hit the model scene in New York. And more importantly, her friendships and relationships only improve how interesting Violet truly is. With so much revolving around fashion these days, it was wonderful to get a novel that not only appeals to fashion lovers, but also to those of us who just want to see a “real” character.
--------
Mystery Prize extra entry opportunity:
Add me to your blogroll! Leave me a comment!
(I don't mind adding you to my blogroll, just ask :] )

12 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Oh, nice review. I really really want to read these books..I love Melissa and the books sounds great. I just need to find the time to get it and read it!!!
-Lauren

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting to read this book, I haven't heard anything bad about it yet. I have so much to read but it's slowly comin up and I can't wait. I'm adding you to my blogroll for an extra entry, cool contest!

Chelsea said...

Ahh, sorry! About the meme. I just added your link. :)

Eee! I loved Violet on the Runway! And Violet by Design. Both were so good!

Elainareads said...

Awesome Review!!! I've added you to my blogroll elainareads.blogspot.com

Chelsie said...

But what if we already have you on our blogroll? =P

Sara Hantz said...

This is a fab book, I read it when it first came out.

Alea said...

I keep hearing over and over again how great this book is. I think I'm going to have to buy it pretty soon here. I also see that you are reading/read Violet By Design, I was going to mention I haven't seen a ton of reviews about the second one so I'm really glad you will have something to share with us about it :)I was thinking I might just have to get both books... hadn't decided yet!

dd said...

Awesome review! I cannot wait to read it! =D Lol, I don't really have a blogroll, and I'm not sure how to add people! :P Sometimes I wish I wasn't so technically inept! =D

~Lucy D =)

Dominique said...

I recently read this one too :) Nice review! I hope I get to the sequel soon :)

Dominique said...

oh, & btw, would you like to do a link exchange? I added you to my blog roll :)

Bunny B said...

I would love to read this book!
I have you on my blogroll here

Thank you!

Carolina said...

I really like your review. I can't wait to read the books.