CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Review: Violet by Design


Violet by Design

Melissa Walker

Violet’s definitely enjoying her break back in her home town in North Carolina. She’s been ignoring all of her agents calls, determined to relax and be with her friends. But when she finally answers Angela’s call, she gets the offer of a lifetime. They want her to go to Brazil. She can see the world.

But in Brazil, Violet gets tangled up in a relationship that ends badly. And instead of wallowing in exercise, she wallows in pints of ice cream. Needless to say, she gains weight, and her agent isn’t very happy about it. When she gets an offer to be in a huge fashion show for one of the top designers, she couldn’t be more amazed. Except for the tiny fact that they want her to lose weight, scarily fast. Can she stay with her morals and be a true role model, or will she give into the time honored tradition of the modeling world?

And then there’s that thing with Roger. The Kiss. What does it mean to her? To him? Does he have any ties to the “I heart Violet Greenfield” that was scrawled on her locker junior year? Will she realize the truth too late?

Once again, Melissa Walker completely dragged me into Violet’s world. I was intrigued when I found out that Melissa brought out the dangerous topic of eating disorders in her novel. Not only was it interesting, but it showed readers that although many people worry about the way they look, it takes amazing courage to have the strength to turn away from those bad habits. On another note, I wanted to scream when the book was over about the tangled web that is the friendship of Roger and Violet. I can only hope to get my hands on the next installment, Violet in Private, as soon as I’m able.

-----------------

Okay, so I'm trying out that cool thing to have the posts show up at a later time, so if I posted twice today, I didn't mean to. I meant for it to post Tuesday.

I've got to figure this thing out since I won't be able to update personally with reviews and such between the 23rd and the 30th since I'll be at FBLA Nationals.

AND If someone knows how to put a drop down arrow thingy on my blog so I don't have a huge list of reviews in my TBR list, please tell me how to do it! I'd appreciate greatly!

3 comments:

Alea said...

You are so right, this does sound good! I really like series because they are able to tell a more complex story than stand alone books!

Rachael Stein said...

violet by design was just as good or better than the first :D i loved them both!

Em said...

I agree with Book Muncher, both of the Violet books were great. I can't wait to read the third one!