CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Review: The Host


The Host

Stephenie Meyer

Imagine a world without war, without conflict, no speeding, and no law breaking. Sounds like a perfect world, right? Well, this perfection comes at a price. The world has been taken over by souls, intent on fighting the humans internally and externally. They would take over the human minds, pretending to be the same while the rest of the world was conquered.

This was Wanderer’s ninth life placement into a living creature. She knew what to expect. However, she was taken by surprise when she found out that not only did her host Melanie not fade from existence as is common, but she actively fought the invasion of her mind. She didn’t win, though. They almost never do. Wanderer begins to surprise even herself when she and Melanie make an unusual friendship while searching for Melanie’s brother Jamie and the man that she loves.

We all knew that Stephenie Meyer is an amazing author, unless you’ve been living underneath a rock for the past few years. Every one of her young adult novels has made the best sellers list. However, her debut into the Adult Fiction world with The Host blew my mind. It was wonderfully written, brilliant, sweet, and extremely emotional. I could barely put it down! I recommend you go immediately and get a copy if you haven’t done so already.


Now, I know I don't normally review adult fiction on my blog, but you'll have to forgive me for my deviation from young adult for this book. It was just that great :]

Clarification for Otherspace Contest: You have to comment on the original post to be entered and for any other comments to count. Thanks!

4 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Can't wait to check it out. :) Thanks for the review.

Reading is for Lovers said...

I like your review. Want to do a link exchange?

Lenore Appelhans said...

Ever since I read "Ghostwritten" by David Mitchell, I have been fascinated with the concept of rogue souls, so I will have to get this soon!

Liviania said...

I really want to read this, but I'm waiting 'til I can get it at the library. I'm glad to hear that Meyer's on top of her game in it!