CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

More March Madness!

Just kidding about the madness part. However, I did forget to blog about a few contests, so I'll do that now.

Melissa Walker is giving away another book. The contest ends Friday.

Kim from YA Books Central is giving away an ARC copy of her novel Sucks to Be Me. Check out the YA Books Central website for more information.

Anyone interested in trading for Otherspace or Frenemies? I've got ARC copies of each if you'd like to trade :]

I read alot over the past few days. I read some of the Meredith Gentry series (again... that must have been like the gazillionth time), but I can't help it! I just can't wait for LKH's upcoming novel in this series, Swallowing Darkness.

I also read Julius Winsome (which I didn't enjoy... at all. Just picture it: wierd guy living with only his dog in the middle of the woods in Canada. Someone shoots his dog, then he kills random hunters in case they shot his dog. Jeez. I should have seen it coming, right?)

A series that actually surprised me, however, was the House of Night. When I first saw these books, I thought Oh, great. Just another horrible knockoff vampire story. But, a few of my friends told me to look into it. And I have to say, I'm glad I did. P.C. and Kristen Cast are amazing! I finished both Marked and Betrayed in a single day. The story was definitely original, and I can not wait to get my hands on Chosen.

And, of course, I just finished The Kite Runner. Man, that author is awesome! It was one of the best books I've read in awhile.

I had a pleasant surprise when I got home: two of my ARC's are in, and another book to review. I'm happy :]

1 comments:

dd said...

Lol, that's exactly what I thought about The House of Night books when I first saw them! But I've heard from lots of people(Including you! =D) that it's good.

I also LOVED The Kite Runner. I read it for a reading log at school (It was a high literary merit book)and it just stayed with me. I kept on thinking about it for a while. I haven't seen the movie yet though, have you?